New Kiawah Island Guest Information
Welcome to Kiawah!
Please review our new guest information in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
We hope you have an enjoyable stay realizing there are limited amenities at this time. We can say that you will definitely enjoy the wonderful scenery, fresh sunshine and beach breeze. We cannot, however, guarantee the availability of amenities or area activities, such as golf, tennis, restaurants, retail, etc.
Openings are changing each day, so feel free to check these helpful websites for updated information:
Face Covering Requirements
As of Wednesday July 1st, 2020:
The Town of Kiawah has issued an ordinance requiring face coverings be worn in certain public areas on Kiawah Island for the next 30 days.
The Key Provisions are as follows,
- For businesses, clubs and association facilities, except restaurants:
- All persons, including employees must wear a face covering at all times including when entering or while waiting to enter.
- For restaurants, indoor and outdoor:
- All employees who directly interact with the public must wear a face covering; and
- All persons entering a restaurant, waiting to enter or to be seated, or waiting for take-out, are required to wear a mask at all times except while seated for dining or beverage service.
Checking In / Out
In an effort to thoroughly sanitize units between departures and arrivals, we are instituting different times than you may be used to and or have read in previous documentation.
We are asking you to depart by 8 am and arrivals should not be before 5 pm.
At this time, the community pools in Sparrow Pond, Duneside Villas, & Inlet Cove are not open. These pools are regulated by DHEC and they have not given us any date of anticipated opening. Sadly, Covid-19 has brought this difficult situation and we do not have any control over it. Updates on openings will be posted here when received.
Shopping BEFORE arrival
Paper products and supplies will be limited. In each property, we will be leaving: dish soap, dishwasher detergent, bar soaps, laundry detergent, limited garbage bags, a roll of paper towels, and 1 roll of toilet paper per bath.
We highly suggest you bring needed supplies with you and that you stop at larger grocery stores on your way onto the island.
The Harris Teeter in Freshfields Village will be very congested on arrival days with limited supplies.
We can suggest the following stores that are close and on the way to the island from main highway areas:
- Harris Teeter at 3685 West Ashley Circle, Charleston, SC 29414
- Harris Teeter at 1739 Maybank Highway, Charleston, SC 29412
- Publix Super Market at 3642 Savannah Highway, 132, Johns Island, SC 29455
- Costco Wholesale at 3050 Ashley Town Center Dr, Charleston, SC 29414
- All decorative bedspreads/comforters, throw pillows, etc. have been removed for your safety. Beds will be made with fresh, sanitized sheets, a blanket, and pillow cases. Please feel free to bring your own comforters, etc.
- Bath towels will be provided at a limited number. All of our properties are equipped with washers and dryers and laundry detergent.
- There will be one set of towels per person (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel, and 1 washcloth).
- Kitchen towels will also be provided. We suggest that you pre-wash any pots/pans or dishes before use.
- If you'd like to have beach towels delivered for your stay, KiawahGOGO is the source. Pre-order for arrival!
- Upon departure, we request that you please collect ALL trash in the property and place it outside in garbage cans and/or dumpsters.
- It would be very helpful if you would remove/dispose of all remaining groceries and items in the refrigerator.
- Please strip all beds and leave linens gathered on the floor and bath towels gathered in the bathrooms.
- Although you may be used to this, please do NOT start a load of towels or any laundry on your way out of the unit, as we will be gathering and bagging laundry to be sanitized elsewhere.
- If you could please load and start the dishwasher before you leave, it would be greatly appreciated.
If a maintenance item arises, we will be glad to send our maintenance professional toremedy the situation.
For your and our workers’ safety, we prefer that you please vacate the property when they have to enter the property.
We are physically in the office and still maintaining healthy social distancing.
Town of Kiawah Rules
Please be sure to follow all of the Town of Kiawah rules especially regarding:
- No towels over railings.
- All bicycles stored in appropriate racks or neatly out of sight after dusk.
- Garbage cans are to be not visible from the street.