Sightseeing & Historic Tours in Charleston
From antebellum homes and historic forts to centuries old plantations, there’s a storied past around every corner of the Holy City. Carriage rides, boat tours, and ghost tours are all great way to see and get to know Charleston.
Below, you will find many of our favorite historic tours, but if you are looking for more, simply download one of our free Charleston Sea Island vacation guides. Our guides include over 100 local recommendations on top attractions, things to do, and places to explore in Charleston!
- Palmetto Carriage Works – 843.723.8145
- Old South Carriage Company – 843.723.9712
- Old Towne Carriage Company – 843.722.1315
Charleston offers many different walking tours whose themes capture the essence of the South. Stroll down Broad Street and The Battery to hear what stories abound from Charleston’s oldest and most historic homes and gardens.
Take a ghost tour or visit the city jail for a supernatural experience. Get to know the pirates who invaded the port city or relive the day Fort Sumter was attacked. You can even restaurant hop on a culinary tour and sample some of Charleston’s many delicious creations.
We encourage you to contact one of the following tour companies for information on scheduling and prices.
Charleston Tour Companies
- Bull Dog Tours – 843.722.8687
- Charleston Pirate Tours – 843.442.7299
- Charleston’s Finest Historic Tours – 843.557.3311
- Charleston Footprints – 843.478.4718
- Charleston’s Best Tours – 843.819.4565
- Old Charleston Walking Tours – 843.568.0473
Looking for more unique ways to explore the Holy City? Discover great ways to have fun on the water with these Charleston boat tours!