Johns Island is a barrier island off the coast of Charleston, near Kiawah & Seabrook Island. Home to one of SC’s most beloved landmarks, the Angel Oak, Johns & Wadmalaw Island’s offer fun opportunities to take in during a visit to the lowcountry.
At these destinations, you can learn about the art of sweet tea, the wine making process, or even take a look inside how the distillery produces its finest spirits. Tours at each location are followed by ample sampling opportunities!
John Island & Wadmalaw Attractions
- Angel Oak Tree
- Charleston Tea Plantation
- Deep Water Vineyard
- Firefly Distillery
- Caw Caw Interpretative Center
Johns Island Restaurants
- The Fat Hen – Innovative French Lowcountry cuisine.
- Wild Olive Cucina Italiana – Rustic Italian style dining with a sizable wine list. Best restaurant on the island
- Low Tide Brewing – Custom craft beer with flavors reflecting the comfort, passion and creative spirit of the low country.
- Tattooed Moose – Reimagined bar food and local craft beer.
- Crave Smoke House Restaurant and Catering – Offering smoked meats and BBQ with regional side dishes.
- Sunrise Bistro – Local favorite for classic breakfast and lunch dishes.