Tropical Weather Information and Updates
Pam Harrington Exclusives
This page serves as a resource for all our property owners. Please save this page link and refer to it as needed.
Please use these links below to acquire important information regarding each island and follow weather updates. When tropical weather threatens our island all staff resources are engaged in preparations.
Please use these resources for general information to keep our phone lines open for emergency and logistical communications. PHE personnel will evacuate as necessary to ensure the safety of our employees.
Pam Harrington Exclusives Property Management Team will monitor tropical weather conditions. If a storm’s path threatens our coastal area we will shift our daily operations to focus on property preparedness and guest safety.
- Contact in house guests and incoming guests with instructions
- Continuously monitor weather conditions and act accordingly
- Secure all outdoor furnishings and items in a garage or enclosed space
- Secure all windows and double doors
- Close all blinds and window treatments
- Shut off H2O breakers and ice makers
Property Owner Actions:
- Contact your landscaper to ensure irrigation systems are disabled
- Have insurance documentation and/or regime management contact information
- Window protection methods. Permanent shutters are the best protection. A lower-cost approach is to put up plywood panels.
Use 1/2 inch plywood (marine plywood is best) cut to fit each window. Remember to mark which board fits which window. Pre-drill holes every 18 inches for screws.
Make your plans now if you wish to pursue one of these options.***
***Once an evacuation is ordered it will be very difficult to engage these services.
Kiawah Exclusives and Seabrook Exclusives do not have staff who can complete this task.
Following a Storm, PHE personnel will return to the island as permitted.
- Inspect each property for visible damage
- Take photos of visible damage and email you
- Email each owner an update as soon as possible.
- Coordinate clean-up activities as requested and resources permit