Without a doubt, Independence Day is best spent at the beach. Some of our favorite memories are made while relaxing on the shoreline with family and friends. Make summer plans and head to the Charleston Sea Islands to enjoy an amazing holiday getaway in the Lowcountry. Preview some of the annual 4th of July events on Seabrook and Kiawah Island and book your trip today.
In between celebrations, enjoy the excellent attractions on Kiawah and Seabrook Island. For the best recommendations, request access to our complimentary Charleston Sea Island Vacation Guides. We have curated a list of our favorite local restaurants, attractions, and shops so you can spend less time planning your getaway and more time enjoying it.
Our Favorite 4th of July Events on Kiawah Island
Sand Sculpting Contest
On Kiawah Island beach near the Sanctuary hotel. Bring your creativity and shovel (no metal) to the beach and craft your best American-themed design.
- Free and no reservation is required!
- 11:30 - 1 pm @ The Sanctuary Beach Access.
The Kiawah Island Golf Resort hosts a stunning fireworks display best viewed from the beach. This annual tradition is one of the most celebrated events of the year.
- Friends and family gather at Sanctuary Beach for the festivities.
- The show starts at 9:15 pm.
Friendly reminder: The town of Kiawah prohibits the discharging of fireworks on the island, except for Sparklers. This applies to property owners and visitors, who will be ticketed if found in violation.
Annual Patriotic Bike Parade. This family tradition kicks off the Independence Festival on July 4. It typically starts in the late afternoon on Sea Forest Drive and finishes at Night Heron Park.
- 5:00 - 5:45 pm
- East Beach Village
The celebration continues with Independence Festival in the Park. Enjoy traditional carnival games, tie-dying, face painting, and more!
- 6:00 - 9:00 pm
- Night Heron Park
Red, White & Blue Celebration
Typically, the Terrace Lawn at The Sanctuary will host a celebration that’s fun for the whole family. The Red, White & Blue Celebration features delicious food and drink as well as live music, a jump castle for the kids, and some unique games. Try your hand (or body) at Giant Human Foosball or play with the Giant Soccer Darts.
- 5:00 - 9:00
- Terrace Lawn @ The Sanctuary
After both events, you’ll watch the fireworks show on Sanctuary Beach, which starts at 9:15 p.m. There’s nothing better than watching a beautiful and colorful display with your family to celebrate our country’s independence.
Celebrate 4th of July on Seabrook Island
The Seabrook Island Club offers bar service and BBQ grills. Live music will be offered on the lawn offering fun for the whole family!
- Sunday, July 3rd
- The fireworks go off from the 9th Fairway at 9:00pm.
- Everyone is invited & no reservations are necessary for the event.
- Rain Date: Tuesday, July 5th
- Spectator Area is the Club's driving range and will open at 5:00pm
- No grills or open flames will be permitted
- The Club will provide Grill & Bar service starting at 6:00pm. Member charges, amenity cards & cash will be accepted, as this is an all-island event
- Due to South Carolina ABC regulations, outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted
- No dogs are permitted at the event except service animals
Get the festivities started early by participating in the annual Fourth of July 5K.
- Saturday, July 2nd
- 8:00 am
- Runners start and finish at The Lake House.
Grab a drink at the oceanfront pools or Pelican's Nest to catch the sunset and at 9:00 p.m., the fireworks show will begin over at the driving range.
A Fourth of July Parade is planned for 2022. The parade starts at the Club and continues around the Seabrook Island Road Loop.
- 9:30 am, followed by after parade Family Fun celebration at the Lake House Lawn (10:30). Kids will enjoy ice cream truck, jump castles and a slide!
Thinking About A Permanent Stay?
Whether you’re visiting for the 4th of July, a family reunion, or you’re taking a spontaneous family vacation, we hope you enjoy your time on the islands. If you're thinking about Kiawah, Seabrook Island or Charleston area real estate, allow our experienced agents to guide you.
Charleston’s barrier islands are home to some of the most desirable real estate in the country. Let us assist you as you begin the journey of finding the perfect Lowcountry home.
Our distinguished team takes pride in personal attention and detail, ensuring you are informed every step along the way.
Submit your criteria, including desired location, budget, and community amenities, and we will notify you when we find a listing that matches your needs.
We look forward to assisting you as you navigate this next exciting chapter of your life!