Calling all foodies, wine enthusiasts, and culinary aficionados! If you’ve never attended Charleston Restaurant Week, you are missing out on the epicurean event of a lifetime. This is one of the most anticipated weeks in the South Carolina Lowcountry! Whether you are craving something sweet, savory, or anything in between, this one-of-a-kind event will please every palate. Below, you will find a guide to the upcoming culinary events, but remember to save room for dessert!
If you’re planning to attend, make sure to download our free Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island Vacation Guides. They are full of great recommendations about the area’s best cafes, bakeries, wine shops, and more.
Your Guide to Charleston Restaurant Week 2021
What Is Charleston Restaurant Week?
The participating restaurants offer prix fixe lunch and dinner menus ranging from $20 to $50. This is a great and affordable way to sample some of the Holy City’s top restaurants. Each restaurant has a custom menu featuring three to four courses. From savory dishes like shrimp and grits to sweet classics like pecan pie, you can expect a little bit of everything on the menu.
When Is Restaurant Week in Charleston?
The highly anticipated culinary events of Charleston Restaurant Week take place semi annually in January and September. The September 2021 event will kick off on the 9th and run through the 19th. That’s 11 days of mouthwatering cuisine to sample for lunch or dinner! Make your reservations now so you don’t miss out on Charleston’s best and most affordable dining options.
- The Fall 2021 Charleston Restaurant Week is September 9-19, 2021
- The January 2022 Charleston Restaurant Week will take place January 13-23, 2022.
The following are just a glimpse of what you can expect to see during the 2021 Charleston Restaurant Week. For a full list of participating restaurants, make sure to check out their website.
- 39 Rue de Jean (French cuisine, small plates & burgers)
- 5 Church (upscale new American cuisine and cocktails)
- Halls Chophouse (premium steaks and fresh seafood)
- 82 Queen (lowcountry classics, outdoor seating on garden patio)
- Amen Street Fish and Raw Bar (fresh oysters and seafood)
- Butcher and Bee (farm-to-table favorites)
- High Cotton (Lowcountry fine dining)
- Indaco (Italian food and wine)
- Slightly North of Broad (modern Lowcountry bistro)
- Coast Bar & Grill (fresh seafood)
- Rutledge Cab Company (tasty burger deals)
- Delaney Oyster House (fresh oysters, seafood fine dining)
- Stars Rooftop Bar & Grill (upscale American)
- Vincent Chiccos (voted Best Italian in Charleston)
- Virginia’s on King (southern staples and soul food)
- Grace & Grit (Southern surf ‘n’ turf)
- Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails (American comfort food staples & interesting drink options)
- High Tide Restaurant (American classics)
- Cantina 76 (Tex Mex)
- Mex 1 Coastal Cantina (Tex Mex & infused margaritas)
- Mex 1 Coastal Cantina (Mexican dinner 3 courses & infused margaritas)
- Florence's Lowcountry Kitchen (Southern specialties and comfort food)
- Ms. Rose’s Fine Food & Cocktails (Southern specialties and comfort food)
- Jalisco Taqueria & Tequila (tacos, plates & delicious margaritas)
- Bohemian Bull (burgers, craft beer, and bourbon)
Johns Island, Kiawah Island & Seabrook Island
- Forty-Eight Wine Bar (fine wine, craft beer, charcuterie, and small plates)
- The Salty Dog Cafe - Seabrook Island (casual waterfront dining, Bohicket Marina)
Live Near It All on Kiawah or Seabrook Island
Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island offer a unique combination of peacefulness and exclusivity that is only 30 minutes away from the bustling Holy City. When you purchase a home on one of these beloved Charleston sea islands, you’ll also enjoy easy access to the area’s best restaurants, world renowned cuisine, most beautiful beaches, resort-style shopping, and luxury amenities.
If you are planning a trip into Charleston for Restaurant Week, we recommend making reservations in advance. Give yourself extra time to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere of the city or grab a quick drink before or after dinner at your favorite spot or somewhere new. The options are always fresh in Charleston!