South Carolina is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the United States. If you are looking for South Carolina beach homes for sale, here is a great guide to finding your perfect beach property in SC.
The beach starts along the Grand Strand with Myrtle Beach carrying south through Surfside Beach and Pawleys Island. Traveling further south towards Charleston SC the Isle of Palms and Sullivans Island lie to the north of the Holy City and the secluded sands of Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island rest to the south.
Further down the coast are the sleepy setting of Edisto Beach and the renowned Hilton Head Island. With 187 miles of coastline, there are beach houses for sale in South Carolina to suit every taste and budget.
Things to Know When Buying a Beach House in South Carolina
If you're looking to buy a beach house in South Carolina, here are a few things to consider. First, it pays to do research and understand the different types of South Carolina real estate available at the beach. This is where the value of working with a professional real estate agent begins.
Pam Harrington Exclusives is an SC real estate agency with over 45 years of continuous service in the Charleston area. We specialize in beach houses for sale in South Carolina. Our Charleston-based agents work to identify prospective properties consumers want! Let's get started.
Beach Houses For Sale in Charleston South Carolina
Things to Consider When Buying a Beach House in South Carolina:
- Location: Where do you want to be located? Do you want to be close to Charleston SC or up on the grand strand near Myrtle Beach?
- Size: How big of a house do you need? If you have a large family, you'll want a bigger house. Isle of Palms, Kiawah Island, and Folly Beach offers some large beach houses. But if you're just looking for a seasonal getaway and place to relax, you might opt for a turn key beach condo with great views, or a golf side townhouse with managed service.
- Price: How much are you willing to spend? Beach houses can be expensive. So it's important to set a budget before you start looking.
- Condition: How is the condition of the house? If you're buying an older house, you may need to do some repairs. When you work with us, we will order a property inspection to identify any key issues that need correcting prior to the sale.
- Amenities: What amenities are important to you? Do you want a pool, a hot tub, a gated community, or a private beach?
Types of Homes for Sale at the Beach SC
There are single-family beach homes, beachfront condos, golf-view townhomes, and scenic properties, each with a price reflective of the location and amenities of the neighborhood.
Beach vacation rentals are quite popular at the beach sc. Once you identify what you're looking for, you can start your search.
Searching for Condos or Homes for Sale at the Beach in SC
There are a number of resources available to view IDX listings at the beach sc. However, nothing surpasses working with a real estate agent who specializes in the local market.
Your dedicated agent will set up a property search with specific criteria to alert you of a new listing each time a condo or home enters the MLS grid. Price, number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, lot size, view, and location are a few standard ones we enter for a customized search.
Private pools, hot tubs, garages, screened porches, and fireplaces are additional amenities that may be entered to refine your search.
Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island offer an unparalleled opportunity to own a property at the beach. However, there are specific nuances to purchasing here that the various sources on the internet do not discuss.
Club membership is not required to purchase property on Kiawah Island. Although many beach seekers want access to the coveted Kiawah Island Club. In order to join the exclusive Kiawah Island Club membership must be available with the purchase of the Kiawah Island sale. Your Pam Harrington Exclusives real estate agent will guide you through all the ins and outs of ownership on the Sea Islands.
New construction may not be listed in the MLS grid yet but is known to professional agents. Pam Harrington Exclusives agents also learn of off-market beach real estate provided exclusively by the owner looking to sell. The sale of property directly through an owner should always be completed with professional representation.
Checklist of Things to Include When Viewing SC Beach Real Estate
When you're ready to start looking at South Carolina beach properties, it's important to be prepared. It is hard to remember the amenities and attributes of each place. The best strategy is to bring a checklist of things you want to look for in your new beach house. It's also a good idea to bring a copy of your pre-approval letter from your lender. Here is a checklist.
- Supplied open house information is useful. Be sure to grab a brochure before you depart
- Record the location and number of bedrooms
- Make note of the bathrooms. Is the bathroom attached to the bedroom or shared with another sleeping area? Does the bathroom have a jacuzzi tub or steam shower?
- Of course one of the most requested search criteria is the proximity to the beach. This is particularly important if you plan to offer your SC beach house as a vacation rental.
- What is the distance to the beach? Seasonal rentals that are beachfront, or within walking distance garner higher rental income and occupancy.
Fees Associated with Beach Condos in SC
If you are looking for a beach condo or attached townhouse, there will be a regime that manages the community. It is important to ask about fees associated with the community. If you work with Pam Harrington Exclusives we will request this information from the information submitted by the listing agent for the property.
Time to Find SC Beach Real Estate For Sale
Once you've considered all of these factors, you are ready to start your search for a beach house in South Carolina. We are available to help you find the perfect property.
Use the digital resources on our website to begin your Charleston Beach real estate search. The Pam Harrington Exclusives Real Estate team brings over 45 years of continuous real estate sales experience to buyers and sellers in the Charleston area.