Are you dreaming of your next warm-weather getaway? With pristine stretches of sand and days filled with sunshine, Charleston, SC, boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. Come play in the ocean, catch a wave, or simply sink your toes into the sand and relax. From the serene shores of Kiawah and Seabrook Islands to free-spirited Folly Beach, we’ve put together a list of the best South Carolina beaches. Check it out and start planning your next trip to paradise!
After you visit a few of the best South Carolina beaches, you’ll want to stop by the world-class restaurants and shopping in Charleston. Be sure to request our complimentary Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island Vacation Guides for a complete list of area attractions. They are filled with local tips about the best things to see and do during your stay in the Lowcountry.
5 of the Best South Carolina Beaches
1. Kiawah Island Beach: With 10 miles of private beaches and panoramic marshland views, it’s no wonder Kiawah Island is ranked among the Top 10 Best American Beaches. This family-friendly island has something to offer for both the young and the young at heart. Kiawah Island’s public beach is located at Beachwalker County Park, where guests can enjoy a beautiful stretch of shoreline and a large swimming area. On-site amenities include a dressing area, outdoor showers, restrooms, a seasonal snack bar, a picnic area with grills, and more. Come see for yourself why Kiawah Island is considered one of the 15 Happiest Places to Live on the Coast!
2. Seabrook Island: The quiet shores of Seabrook Island have everything you need for a memorable getaway. The barrier island is home to several excellent beaches, as well as the exclusive Seabrook Island Beach Club. North Beach is located along Seabrook Island’s Eastern shore, making it a prime spot to watch a classic Carolina sunrise. As the first rays of sunlight spread across the Atlantic, you may even spot a dolphin or two! North Beach also features a large off-leash area for dogs that is open seasonally.
Located where the Atlantic Ocean and the Edisto River meet, Pelican Beach is one of Seabrook Island’s best-kept secrets. Whether you decide to walk along the coast, go for a refreshing midday swim with the kids, or watch an award-winning sunset, we guarantee this spot will become your new favorite. Pelican Watch Beach is the second area on Seabrook Island that allows dogs. Book your stay at one of our Beach Club or Pelican Watch Villas for access and views of this amazing beach!
3. Sullivan’s Island: This casual beach town is the perfect place to rent bikes, go on a paddle boarding excursion, or simply relax and soak up the sun! Sullivan’s Island is filled with laid-back restaurants, shops, and bars that are just a short walk from the water. Grab a burger and a refreshing cocktail at Poe’s Tavern, explore nearby Fort Moultrie, or listen to live music at one of the beach bars. No matter what you decide to do, we guarantee that you will love spending a day on Sullivan’s Island!
4. Isle of Palms: Bordered by expansive marsh views, the Isle of Palms, South Carolina, beach is a favorite for both locals and visitors alike. Like Kiawah and Seabrook Islands, Isle of Palms is celebrated for its family-oriented atmosphere and great golfing opportunities. Visitors can take a boat tour, go on a deep-sea fishing excursion, or look for nesting sea turtles along the shore. At the end of a perfect day, we recommend stopping by the Windjammer for drinks and live entertainment.
5. Folly Beach: There’s a very good reason that Folly Beach is one of the most popular Charleston, South Carolina, beaches. Also known as “The Edge of America,” this tropical oasis is a surfer’s paradise. The Washout on Folly boasts some of the biggest and best waves along the Carolina coast! After an exciting day out on the water, make sure to take a stroll along the Folly Beach Fishing Pier and take in the incredible views. The area is also filled with excellent restaurants and shops that are just steps from the ocean!
Stay for a Week…or for a Lifetime
Now that you know where to find all of the best South Carolina beaches, it’s time to start planning your next tropical getaway! Whether you’re just here for the week or are planning an extended stay, Pam Harrington Exclusives has the perfect property for you. We offer an extensive selection of luxurious vacation rentals on Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island. Each of our homes and condos features top-notch amenities and are just minutes from the best beaches, restaurants, and attractions. Come experience all that Charleston has to offer and contact us to book your stay. Once you visit the Lowcountry, you won’t ever want to leave!