Below, you will find a comprehensive guide to vacationing with your pet on Seabrook, but if you are looking for more pet-friendly things to do, simply download our free Sea Island Vacation Guide! Our guide is full of recommendations on parks, trails, outdoor recreation, and more!
Seabrook Island features two beautiful beaches that welcome dogs. The North Beach has a large off-leash area. In this designated area, dogs are allowed off-leash daily before 10 am and after 5 pm from May 1 until October 31. During the winter months from November 1 through April 20, dogs may be off leash in this area the entire day. A second area that permits leashed dogs is Pelican Watch Beach. This area is perfect for a sunset stroll and dolphin watching.
If you are traveling into historic Charleston for a day trip or stopping there on your way to Seabrook Island, visit James Island County Park and socialize your pooch at the dog park. This fido-friendly park is frequented by many area residents as well as vacationing guests.
Once downtown in Charleston, Waterfront Park is a wonderful place to enjoy a picnic with your dog. There are plenty of shaded areas. Complimentary doggie bags are conveniently located throughout the park area. White Point Gardens is another popular dog walk area in Charleston. Stroll the historic battery, gaze out to Fort Sumter, and marvel at the magnificent mansions overlooking the harbor.
Pet Services and Grooming
- Moonshadow Pet Resort – Nestled on 10 acres of land on Johns Island, Moonshadow Pet Resort offers full-service grooming for all breeds, boarding, and supervised doggie daycare.
Local Veterinary Services
Traveling with a sick pooch can be stressful without your primary veterinarian around. Luckily, we have great veterinary resources just minutes from Seabrook Island!
- Charleston Veterinary Referral Center – The most advanced and comprehensive small animal referral and emergency hospital in Charleston and the Southeast. Emergency veterinarians and veterinary nurses are ready to see your pet 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Sun Dog Cat Moon – Full-service veterinary clinic on Johns Island that offers both traditional western medicine and alternative medicine for pets to obtain optimum wellness.
- Riverbank Veterinary Clinic – Traditional veterinary clinic located on Johns Island that offers the highest level of veterinary medicine along with friendly, compassionate service.
- Angel Oak Animal Hospital – Provides general veterinary services on Johns Island with a special interest in dentistry, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, senior patients, and laser therapy.
- Bohicket Veterinary Clinic – Local Johns Island veterinary clinic that is equipped with the latest diagnostics to effectively diagnose and treat all patients.
Pet-friendly dining options are available for Seabrook Island guests in a variety of different restaurants. For more information about popular restaurants on and around Seabrook Island, visit our Seabrook Island Dining Guide.
- The King Street Grille – Located in Freshfields Village, this sports-themed restaurant offers a cozy, covered patio with large TVs. They also have great burgers, sandwiches, and salads that your dog will be begging for you to drop.
- Cantina 76 – Mexican inspired taqueria and bar with outdoor seating. Overlooking the Lake in Freshfields Village.
- Fuji – Enjoy signature sushi rolls and traditional hibachi entrees, Fuji Sushi Bar and Grill offers traditional Japanese cuisine in a casual, warm setting located in Freshfields Village. Some outdoor seating.
- Ladles – Located in Freshfields Village. The largest selection of homemade soups around! Enjoy daily specials and gluten-free options. Outdoor seating available.