If you need a family reunion rental for large groups, please contact us. Pam Harrington Exclusives offers vacation rentals with large living spaces, gourmet kitchens, and outdoor areas that are perfect for family gatherings! We are happy to find the home that best matches your desired amenities, dates, and budget. Browse our available rentals on Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island today.
If you’re looking for the best family-friendly vacation spot on the coast, look no further than Charleston, SC! The Holy City is known for its rich history, fun outdoor activities, stunning beaches, and top-notch dining. This beautiful city has something to offer everyone in your family. Read on to find out what makes Charleston one of the best family reunion destinations on the East Coast. Then, cut your planning time in half with the help of our Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island Vacation Guides! Our complimentary guides are full of recommendations for historic attractions, award-winning restaurants, and unique places to make memories with the family.
The Best Family Reunion Destinations on the East Coast
Seabrook Island is a hidden world of natural wonder and adventure — all just 40 minutes from the bustling energy of downtown Charleston. Voted “Best Restored Beach” by The American Shore & Beach Preservation Association, Seabrook Island’s 2,200 acres of beaches, maritime forests, and marshes beckon all to explore! Some of our favorite activities on Seabrook Island include:
- Horseback riding adventures on the beach.
- Sunset paddle boarding tours. These tours are an excellent way to get to know one of Seabrook Island’s friendliest residents, the bottlenose dolphin!
- Renting beach cruisers for a family bike ride along the coast.
- Getting competitive with a tennis match at the Racquet Club.
- Planning a special dinner at one of the island’s top restaurants.
Remember to download your free Seabrook Island Vacation Guide to find more fun things to do!
There is no other place in the world quite like Kiawah Island. This Charleston sea island has an indescribable uniqueness that’s unlike anywhere else! It is an internationally renowned destination and a wonderful escape for people of all ages. Year after year, the island receives praise. In 2018, Kiawah Island was named one of the “Top 10 Islands in the Continental U.S.” by Travel + Leisure Magazine.
Are you ready to discover why? Some of our favorite island activities include:
- Enjoying a leisurely day on a private beach or at Kiawah Island’s Beachwalker Park. This park has restroom facilities, showers for rinsing off the sand, a concession stand with snacks, and more.
- Relaxing with wonderful waterway views and a refreshing drink on a Kiawah Island sunset cruise.
- Enjoying a round of golf on a championship golf course.
- Indulging in brunch at one of the island’s top restaurants.
For more recommendations on island activities, restaurants, and more, remember to download your free Kiawah Island Vacation Guide!
Nearby Family-Friendly Activities
You could easily spend an entire week on Kiawah Island or Seabrook Island and still have plenty to do! In addition to the activities you’ll find on the islands, Charleston’s famous attractions are a short car ride away. Here are more nearby activities that your family may enjoy:
- Learning about our nation’s history at Fort Sumter National Park.
- Fly fishing in the saltwater marshes.
- Cheering on the Charleston Riverdogs at a minor league baseball game.
- Taking a horse-drawn carriage tour through the historic streets of downtown Charleston.
- Exploring the largest tea plantation in America, the Charleston Tea Plantation! While you are in the area, you can also visit the city’s only vineyard and winery, Deep Water Vineyard.
- Zip-lining through the Lowcountry’s treetops.
For more recommendations on things to do in the Holy City, take a look at our Charleston area guide
Find the Perfect Family Vacation Home at Pam Harrington Exclusives
Now that you’ve found the best family reunion destinations on the East Coast, it’s time to plan your big celebration! With over 40 years of experience in vacation rentals and real estate, our team of Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island experts will make planning your family reunion as easy and stress-free as possible.