Things to Do on Seabrook Island
Seabrook Island is an intimate, oceanside community with an adventurous heart and an abundance of activities for every age.
Below, you will find a comprehensive list of the best things to do on Seabrook Island, but if you are looking for more, simply download our free Sea Island Vacation Guide! Our guide includes over 100 local recommendations for the top attractions, restaurants, and things do in the area!
The Best Things to Do on Seabrook Island
Play Like a Pro
Seabrook Island offers 36 holes of resort golf on two unique courses. Ocean Winds is a 6,765-yard, par-72 course. It features Atlantic Ocean views and refreshing, challenging ocean breezes. Crooked Oaks Golf Course is a 6,780-yard, par-72 course that meanders along marshes, maritime forests, and centuries-old live oak trees.
The Seabrook Island Club’s full-service golf pro shop is staffed with PGA professionals who are happy to assist you with private and group instruction, club rentals, and merchandise.
- Call 843-768-2529 for tee times and additional information.
Tennis at the Seabrook Island Racquet Club
Not only is Seabrook Island a golfer’s paradise, but tennis is also on the list of active things to do on Seabrook Island. The Racquet Club is home to the full-service tennis center that boasts 15 Har-Tru clay tennis courts, private and group clinics led by certified tennis professionals, and a pro shop stocked with the latest equipment and apparel.
The Seabrook Island Racquet Club plays host to the Alan Fleming Open Clay Court State Championship in early October. Call 843-768-7543 for court reservations at the Racquet Club.
Horseback Riding on the Beach
The Seabrook Island Equestrian Center is one of only a few places on the East Coast where you can enjoy horseback riding on the beach. (Even better, Seabrook Island beaches are known for being stunning.) You can also ride on 3 miles of nature trails through some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes.
In addition, the Equestrian Center offers 42 stalls, short and long-term boarding, and Western and English instruction for all ages and skill levels.
- Trail and beach rides on Seabrook Island may be scheduled by calling 843-768-7541.
Biking for the Whole Family
Biking on Seabrook Island is a family tradition. It is a great activity that provides fun for the whole group. Whether you prefer to cruise along the beach, explore the roads, or take a quick trip to Bohicket Marina or Freshfields Village, you will enjoy riding in the ocean air. There are plenty of options to secure a quality rental. Surfscooter has a large selection and a well-established history in the Lowcountry. Other area bike rental companies include Alligator Bikes and Island Bike & Surf Shop.
Explore the Lowcountry Waters
The tidal creeks, salt marshes, rivers, and the Atlantic Ocean are magnetic in their beauty.
During your visit to Seabrook Island enjoy the water as much as you can! Whether you choose to navigate by kayak, boat, or paddle board, you will find there is always a new adventure ahead.
Below are just a few of the local vendors offering equipment rentals and private or group tours.
- Bohicket Marina Boat Rentals- Choose from their selection of well-maintained 19’ Key West Skiffs. They are perfect for a fun-filled day of fishing, dolphin watching, and sightseeing. Conveniently located in Bohicket Marina.
- Holy City Sailing - Located in Bohicket Marina, Holy City Sailing provides luxury charters for guests of Kiawah and Seabrook Island.
- Lil Darlin Fishing Charters - Captain Lindsay was born and raised in Charleston and has been fishing the Lowcountry her entire life. She knows these waters like the back of her hand and offers fishing, eco and harbor tours.
- Sonny Boy Charters - Also located in Bohicket Marina, Sonny Boy offers great fishing trips, quiet sunset cruises, dolphin watching, and eco-tours of the beautiful Lowcountry. **STAFF favorite!
- WaterDog Paddle Co. - Ryan and his staff provide morning and sunset paddleboard tours of Bohicket Creek, including all the equipment and training needed. Everyone from novices to experts will enjoy this unique experience paddling "up da creek."
- St. Johns Kayaks - St. Johns offers kayak tours, excursions, and offshore and inshore guided fishing trips on the waterways of Kiawah, Seabrook, Johns, and Wadmalaw Islands. Local guides will supply all the knowledge you need to have a great day on the water.
Shop and Dine in Style
Shopping also makes the list as one of the best things to do on Seabrook Island. Freshfields Village is a community of boutiques, retail shops, and more at the crossroads of Kiawah, Seabrook and Johns Islands.
Just a short bike or car ride away, Freshfields Village has an abundance of enticing retailers. You can do everything from getting a haircut and filling a prescription to grabbing a great bottle of wine or a tasty, afternoon snack.
Bohicket Marina Village is another popular location that features casual dining, local boutiques, and the best sunset views in our area.
There are a number of succulent restaurants on Seabrook Island. Try the Seabrook Island Club's Pelican’s Nest or Bohicket Lounge for a relaxed meal. The Club's Palmetto Room provides a fine dining experience perfect for special occasions. You can even have a nightcap at the Locker Room Lounge, which offers a full bar and light fare.
There are plenty of non-club venues when you venture outside the gated area of Seabrook Island. You will find a variety of dining options in Bohicket Marina and Freshfields Village.
Where to Stay
The Seabrook Island community is home to 38 managed residential communities. Visit our office or give us a call to start your journey to ownership. Our real estate professionals will serve as your exploration guide pointing out all of the attractive amenities you’ll enjoy when you purchase a home on Seabrook Island!
Serving these niche island markets for over 43 years, Pam Harrington Exclusives provides an enjoyable, knowledgeable sales experience for buyers and sellers and will lead you to finding your dream home.
We also have a large selection of homes for sale on Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, Johns Island, Wadmalaw Island, and historic Charleston, SC.
Explore our recently listed properties to get a better idea of how we can serve you. Also, consider staying abreast of the latest available homes by signing up for our Real Estate Alerts. Charleston’s growing popularity means that our luxury houses often sell fast.
You’ll have an advantage when details about our new listings are sent directly to your inbox. When you’re ready to put in a bid on your perfect home, we’ll be here to help with every detail of the process.